Air Gap, Data Storage & Archiving
The growth of data being created is rapidly accelerating. Technologies to store and protect it while driving costs down are racing to keep up. Cloud storage is a seemingly inexpensive tool, but even these costs continue to creep up. Instant access to rapidly changing and highly transactional data is a must. Yet, this instant access also presents a risk, especially today, with malware and ransomware attacks. Some estimate that over 90% of all stored data is accessed only once or not at all.
This begs these questions:
- How much of your data is critical and requires instant access?
- How much of your data is valuable, yet not necessarily requires instant access?
- How much of your data sits idle and is kept purely for compliance & legal requirements?
- How much money do you waste by storing ALL information the exact same way?
- Currently, LTO-8 tapes can store 30 TB on a single tape, with future generations mapped to store up to 480 TB per.
- With LTFS, files, folders, storage arrays, etc. can simply be ‘dragged and dropped’ onto a tape; no TMS required.
- Because tapes are ‘offline’ this presents an ‘Air Gap’ security layer defense against malware & ransomware.
- Under proper conditions, the media life of tape is greater than 30 years.
- Storing less active, dormant or legally required retained data on tape allows for Extreme Cost Cutting.
Want to learn how we can cut your data storage costs below 5 Cents per Terabyte per month?
Want to read a FACT Sheet on the technology?
Want a bit more info on tape as an Air Gap Defense? (2 Min Video):